Are you passionate about financial reporting, controlling and IT? And are you looking to kickstart your future career in finance and accounting? Then we have the perfect job for you as our newest addition to our top-in-class F&A team, where you will be part of building a brand new internal control structure from the ground up to strengthen our financial reporting.
Join one of Europe’s most successful trading companies
Danske Commodities (DC) is an energy trading company that specialises in short-term power and gas trading and offers balancing, optimisation and hedging services to energy producers and suppliers. Every day, we complete more than 5750 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. DC is a wholly-owned subsidiary to international energy company Equinor, which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and we have recently embarked on an exciting journey to become SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) compliant. Thus, we are now looking to welcome yet another colleague in our F&A team, who can help take our internal control environment to the next level.
A team full of expert colleagues ready to share their knowledge
You will join our Finance & Accounting team, which consists of 36 experienced colleagues. The team culture is characterised by high quality, innovative solutions and strong cooperation. As part of our dedicated SOX task force, you will report directly to the SOX Officer and our Head of Finance & Accounting. When tackling your everyday tasks, you will have great support from your colleagues in Finance & Accounting and in collaboration with the rest of DC and our colleagues in Equinor.
Your tasks when joining the team
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to your tasks and the team. We are continually maturing and developing our processes in order to adapt to the ever-changing and fast-paced world of energy trading and you will play an important role in levelling up our financial reporting.
Your responsibilities will include shaping and strengthening our daily operations which include communications and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders. You will be focusing on improving data quality, models and procedures used for IT, accounting, controlling and reporting – as such, flair for IT and great change management skills are an advantage. And down the road, you will have the opportunity to directly impact how the SOX control structure is designed and implemented at DC. This means that you will play a significant role in ensuring that DC remains SOX compliant – and for talented student employees delivering excellent results, a student position can be the first step towards a full-time career at DC.
"THIS IS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO BE INVOLVED IN THE DECISION MAKING OF HOW A BRAND NEW INTERNAL CONTROL STRUCTURE IS DESIGNED AND IMPLEMENTED IN AN ENERGY BUSINESS THAT MOVES AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT" - ANDREAS LYKKE IVERSEN, SOX OFFICER
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- assist in implementing a strong SOX environment by anchoring a proactive mentality across DC and provide training across different teams
- assist in the yearly SOX testing with external auditors and Equinor’s SOX team
- assist in ensuring that the right internal control testing programmes are developed and implemented
- assist in remediation activities based on possible SOX deficiencies
- assist in the communications with all relevant stakeholders
We expect that you:
- are enrolled in a relevant university degree within Finance, IT, Economics, Auditing or similar
- have knowledge and interest in internal controls (both IT and financial)
- are an experienced Excel and PowerPoint user
- preferably, have experience with SQL, VBA or Power BI, however not a requirement for applying
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are well-structured, as we have tight deadlines and are included in processes across multiple teams
- see opportunities where others see limitations, meaning you are not afraid of challenges. Our team has a great deal of responsibility and it is our job to find the best solution – even though the path to getting there is not always straightforward
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done
JOBSTART & TYPE
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers