Open rank Scientist in Discovery Screening Department, Discovery Technology China (DTC) unit, Novo Nordisk Research Centre China
Novo Nordisk is a focused healthcare company and a world leader in diabetes care. Novo Nordisk Research Centre China (NNRCC) is an integrated part of Novo Nordisk R&D organization. We’re committed to identifying and delivering innovative therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases including diabetes, obesity, NASH, and CVD. This position affords the exciting opportunity to join our team to fulfill this mission.
We are seeking an exceptional, self-motivated scientist who is passionate about this mission and has expertise and experience in identification and validation of novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of metabolic disease related tissue fibrosis, including liver, cardiovascular, kidney, etc.
Using in vitro disease models coupled with forward and reverse screens, you will play a key role to investigate the functions of targets and validate their potential in therapeutic intervention to address unmet medical needs. Working cross-functionally within Novo Nordisk, you will oversee the progression of early proof of concepts for preclinical targets.
- Independently develop, optimize, and validate fibrosis-relevant in vitro assays that are predictable of clinical outcome.
- Lead collaborative efforts with internal and external partners focused on the validation of targets for the treatment of tissue fibrosis in metabolic diseases.
- Oversee, maintain, and continuously improve the infrastructure and workflow of target identification and validation.
- Contribute to the global R&D projects and pipeline.
- Network and establish collaboration with external partners.
- Develop innovative technologies to solve unmet medical needs.
- PhD in biology, cell biology, molecular biology or related disciplines with oversea education or work experience.
- Deep understanding of the molecular/cellular basis of the tissue fibrosis in relation to chronic metabolic disorders such as NASH, diabetes, obesity and CVD.
- Superior knowledge of the current preventative and therapeutic developmental and clinical testing landscapes/pipelines for metabolic diseases, with a strong focus on and demonstrable record of practical intervention.
- Expertise in both developing monocellular and multicellular 2D and 3D cell cultures for disease modeling and target validation.
- Broad experience and skills in cell biology experiments (flow cytometry, high-content imaging, assay development).
- Solid proficiency in molecular biology and biochemistry techniques such as molecular cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, mammalian cell culture, immunoblot, plasmid transfection, ELISA, and immunocytochemistry/immunohistochemistry procedures.
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas9, Orfeome, or RNAi screens.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and track record of driving changes.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment.
- Be able to manage multiple competing responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Demonstrated professional maturity.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to network, expand influence, and achieve success in a globalized research setting.
- Demonstrated record of practical, translational thinking and accomplishments.
- Solid organization and time management skills.
Working at Novo NordiskAt Novo Nordisk you will work with specialists from around the world. Our ambitious teams work toward developing the next generation of care. We offer unique possibilities for personal and professional development, as well as a chance to work alongside the best in the field.
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.