Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES:This position is responsible for the promotion, management and growth of Abbott Pediatric Nutritional products in office settings.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIESSpecific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and supporting territory sales goals in each office service area for Similac, PediaSure and Pedialyte.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all products, clinical studies, protocols and guidelines as well as the ability to deliver the information in a selling environment.
- New product launches.
- The ability to work effectively with Dietitians, Physicians and Nurses.
- Effective administrative skills.
- Budget management.
- Ability to function independently with a high degree of initiative, independence, and autonomy.
- Desire to be self- motivated, seeking out success at achieving both short and long term goals.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Registered Dietitians are strongly encouraged to apply
- The ideal candidate will be technically knowledgeable with a minimum of one-two years sales experience.
MISC:This position requires driving throughout the greater Los Angeles area on a regular basis and as such, one should expect to spend significant time traveling to/from offices within the territory.
Territory – Greater Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Ventura County, Santa Barbara, Pasadena, Glendale, South bay.
Travel: No overnight travel - 5 % annually (regional meetings, annual sales meeting and district sales meetings)
Relocation: local candidates only - no relocation for this role