Austin, TX, US
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation services with pro forma annual revenue of $13.6 billion and 100,000+ employees in 72 countries. We are European n° 1 ranked and a key player worldwide in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-performance Computing. Atos is also the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Other noteworthy brands within the organization include: Atos Worldgrid, Atos Syntel, Bull, Canopy, Unify, Worldline Atos and more! For more information please visit, www.atos.net!
Position Title:IT Project Manager
- Takes time out to appropriately reflect on the direction of the project(s) and recommend feasible improvements, taking into account lessons learnt and current trends. Influences key stakeholders to agree in-flight changes to project approach (where necessary), utilising best practices and/or Atos standards.
- Is able to lead medium size (10-30 staff -Atos team), multi-site/disciplined project team, where Atos is acting as prime to sub- contractors and where the technology/solution to be delivered is mature but may include aspects outside of own domain expertise.
- Encourages everyone to feel that they belong and can add value. Actively coaches others, to obtain a better understanding of their strengths, weaknesses, interests and ambitions. Creates team spirit and a supportive environment.
- Proactively requests feedback to identify personal development opportunities and takes appropriate action to act. Recognizes strengths and weaknesses. Takes time to reflect on personal behavior and actions.
- Presents a clear vision of what can realistically be achieved, pursuing goals with energy and vigor. Expresses confidence/enthusiasm for new ideas, encouraging others to play an active role.
- Plans and controls projects containing multiple sub-projects and/or 3rd party activities with external dependencies. Re-plans/baselines to maintain expected outcomes, while managing scope and milestone changes. Manages teams containing technologies and/or outputs outside of own expertise. Provides accruals and tracking of cost of work done, with evidence of corrective actions taken to minimize adverse variances to budget.
- Manages risks, issues and assumptions associated with medium complexity, multi-streamed projects involving technologies and resources (inc. 3rd parties) outside of domain expertise. Quantified risks may be commercial and/or activity based.
- Is able to leverage Atos tools and processes in multi-project environments, whilst reconciling multiple cost/revenue streams. Engages stakeholders and combines Atos /client defined tools/processes to minimize duplication and maintain effectiveness.
- Manages seamless handover of the project outputs that are accepted by the client and/or standing Atos organization, including proposal for reallocation of staff and disposal of assets not included in handover.
- Adapts to changing circumstances, adopting different roles according where appropriate to fit with a new (customer) environment. Experiments with new ways of doing things and takes a positive approach to change.
- Adapts planning and approach to achieve required business benefits. Identifies quick-wins and prioritizes/plans accordingly. Influences key stakeholders to maximize chances of success, as measured by the project critical success factors.
- Defines project requirements and scope with stakeholders, suggesting suitable requirement definitions and acceptance measures to remove ambiguity. Negotiates to maximize Atos commercial position while delivering client value.
- Takes a highly organized, committed approach to attainment of agreed targets. Is persistent, despite resistance/setbacks, challenging others on failings/issues (where necessary). Continually measures progress against deadlines/standards.
- Presents a clear business case. Adapts existing solutions for new problems, making realistic decisions about the best solution to pursue. Produces unique or imaginative responses to a problem, demonstrating ability to apply creativity. Discusses different aspects of the problems to bring structure in complex situations.
- Assimilates/applies multiple standards and agrees a common approach with key stakeholders, to maintain effectiveness while meeting standards. Ensures changes to configuration are maintained and controlled throughout the project lifecycle. Proactively
- Proposes process improvements from project related measures and information.
- Proactively seeks customer feedback and takes appropriate action. Always considers the impact of decisions/actions on the customer, perceiving issues from their point of view. Effectively manages and exceeds customer expectations.
- Demonstrates strong consistency between communication and action, is appropriately confidential and does not misrepresent others/self. Is sought out for advice and solutions. Recognizes potential areas of conflict and leads resolution.
- Facilitates discussion and compromise to establish agreed decisions and actions, taking ownership and follows through on team decisions and actions. Ensures that all team members have an opportunity (and are motivated) to contribute.
- Effectively communicates complex information to different audiences. Commands attention and can manage large groups (for example, during a presentation). Actively engages and manages stakeholder community.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of own actions on costs/profitability. Identifies/addresses potential threats to delivery.
- Engages with people from other parts of Atos to improve integrated service offerings and/or delivery.
- Is able to manage an effective overall change control - documentation, impact analysis (cost, risk, quality, staffing), approval by Change Control Board and updates/coordinates the project plan. Is able to negotiate key stakeholders to agree changes to approach.
- Leads medium complexity projects with respect to: team size, geographical spread, sub-contractor terms etc. and with a total Project Budget between 0.5-5M Euro (Budget controlled by the Atos project manager, including all budget for subcontractors and suppliers controlled by Atos) (Exception: IMEA, APAC, LATAM, Romania, Poland: total Project Budget between 0,15 and 5M Euro).
- Meets agreed contractual/Atos standards, liaising with Account Manager to maintain effective relationships with the client. Resolves issues/disputes early on, effectively negotiating to maintain client relationship alongside Atos commercial position.
Mandatory TasksTypical tasks at this level are indicated within the competency section (above), however, a summary of high level main responsibilities are:
- All aspects of project management for medium size/complexity project (incl. risk, change management, planning, tracking etc).
- Defines, documents and safely executes of medium size projects, directing and counselling project team members, and advising clients/users as necessary on all phases.
- Liaises with other managers within the IS and ICT functions and within the business; manages expectations for projects.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed.
- Typically educated to university level (e.g. has some College Credit toward a Bachelor or Master). Otherwise, may hold a relevant professional qualification.
- Has been successful in the role of Project Manager
- Has 4-6 years prior (IT related) project experience of leading small to medium sized projects.
- Has shown the minimum of technical competencies and experiences as described below in the Atos PM Certification and received the Atos PM Certification as Project Manager.
- Is able to manage projects/services in English and has an intermediate English Level (Atos University).
- Has a proven record of realistic estimation and demonstrates the financial/cost awareness along with the customer facing and behavioral skills to take responsibility for medium size projects.
- Has an established network of contacts within the local Atos and is actively developing a wider Atos network.
- Experience in international assignments/working internationally.
Your Application:If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format. Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Career site: https://atos.net/en/careers