Systems Engineer, Program Technical Integration (Part-time)Save JobRemoveApply NowJob ID: 483187BRDate posted: May. 14, 2019City: CentennialState: ColoradoProgram: NSP
Description:Your invitation to a bright future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with significant assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As the Weapon Systems Integration (WSI) Technical Integration Systems Engineer, you will be a part of the team who:
- Manages the program's technical processes and standards, risk and opportunities, Independent Review Boards, Technical Performance Measures (TPMs), major technical reviews, peer reviews, & action items, Technology Insertion Plans
- Defines the program's technical baseline
- Utilizes system models for technical products replacing paper documents where able
- Negotiates process and deliverables with Navy customer and LM internal
- Work closely with your Navy counterpart and subcontractor team mates to develop, test and field a strategic system
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
- ** This is a part-time position and is anticipated to have a work schedule of approximately 30 hours weekly; will occasionally require surge support and additional hours. ***
This position may initially start working in Littleton, CO but is expected to move to Centennial, CO in the July 2019 time frame.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering with experience in aerospace industry or related engineering field
- Experience with Design Reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, and/or CDR)
- Systems Engineering experience
- Risk and Opportunity Management processes
- Willingness to work a part-time schedule (approximately 30 hours/week)
US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Experience in a program start-up environment
- Experience on a development program
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Demonstrated experience integrating systems to deliver a complex system
- Experience within the Strategic & Missile Defense Systems (SMD) Line of Business or with major weapon systems
- Experience integrating across subcontractors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
- Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ESS4400 SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Systems Engineering: OtherClearance Level: SecretType: Part-TimeVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: PART-TIME-less than 40 hrs/wk;Shift: FirstApply Now