Description:Under general supervision and in collaboration with other members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential health problems. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing and evaluation nursing care for patients and coordinating nurses care activities with other health care disciplines.
- Performs accurate multi-system assessments, including: biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning needs.
- Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic tests.
- Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization.
- Performs complete discharge assessment.
- Develops an individual nursing plan of care.
- Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the developmental needs of the patient.
- Coordinates patient care activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic departments and community agencies.
- Develops patient teaching plan and documents on care plan or teaching plan.
- Appropriately delegates patient care activities based on patient's condition and scope of practice of other health care providers.
- Establishes priorities for patient care.
- Classifies acuity level of assigned patients.
- Initiates appropriate measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or surgical patient.
- Bases nursing care on protocol in place for management of each patient.
- Correctly carries out the physician's plan of care.
- Accurately documents in the EMR.
- Documents care according to policy and procedure.
- Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach when appropriate.
- Performs all necessary procedures correctly.
- Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient teaching needs.
- Accurately calculates and administers medications.
- Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluates assessment methods, plan of care, and patient's response to treatment.
- Participates in unit quality assurance activities.
- Nine (9) months of recent Med/Surg experience.
- Experience in acute care or skilled nursing, utilizing the nursing process, effective problem solving and communication skills.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon or Washington RN license in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- Two (2) years of recent Med/Surg experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Telemetry experience preferred.
- Previous health care experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or a related field preferred.
- Med/Surg Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated clinical judgment with a variety of chronic illness and diseases as well as surgical orthopedic patients preferred.
Primary Location: Oregon,Hillsboro,Westside Hospital 2875 NE Stucki Ave.Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1Shift: VariableWorkdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorking Hours Start: VariesWorking Hours End: VariesJob Schedule: Call-in/On-CallJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: OFNHP - RN InpatientJob Level: Individual ContributorJob Category: Nursing LicensedDepartment: MedSurg 3Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.