About Bostik, an Arkema company
Bostik is a leading global adhesive specialist in construction, consumer and industrial markets. For more than a century, it has been developing innovative adhesive solutions that are smarter and more adaptive to the forces that shape daily lives. From cradle to grave, from home to office, Bostik’s smart adhesives can be found everywhere. With annual sales of €2 billion, the company employees 6,000 people and has a presence in more than 50 countries.
Détails de la MissionThe VIE intern reports to the R&D Manager PMB at LIP, Norre Aaby, Denmark
Assignment duration will be 24 months, overall, of which, 6 month-training-period will be at Borgholzhausen (Germany) in Bostik labs and the rest at Nørre Åby (Denmark) in LIP offices.
The role operates in a highly competitive, dynamic and innovative environment. The role is laboratory-based, with all the associated implications for health and safety. The job holder must meet and interact confidently with other internal departments and customers, and represent the company in a professional capacity at all times. The role may require travel in the Nordics region and to other Bostik R&D centres from time to time to visit customers, raw material suppliers and other Bostik colleagues engaged in similar R&D activities.
A knowledge of adhesives, building chemicals or cement based products is a distinct advantage, but not essential. A good understanding of quality systems and in particular ISO 9000:2000 is an advantage.
- To be aware of health, safety & environmental issues in all aspects of work undertaken, ensuring policies are respected
- To deliver clearly defined New Product Development (NPD) & Product Maintenance (PM) projects within timescales
- To provide project led technical support to improve manufacturing processes and scale up new formulations
- To develop partnerships, focussed on technical development, with key raw material suppliers
- To follow appropriate test methods and ensure alignment with National test bodies and other Bostik R&D centres
- To write technical reports
- To maintain formulation and costing databases
- To ensure use of Bostik R&D processes and IT tools e.g. Stage-gate and Clarity
- To carry out Quality Control testing and Technical Support as required
Profil RecherchéA minimum of a 1st degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or a related subject. Experience in formulating adhesives and sealant products would be preferable and in particular experience of formulating cementitious materials would be a significant advantage. The job holder will be a self-starter, able to work on own initiative. The job holder must be flexible, able to plan and organise the workload to meet deadlines and hit targets. The job holder must be confident and comfortable in interacting with staff at all levels. The role requires IT skills. A high proficiency in English is required for this position and some knowledge of Danish would be an advantage (although not essential).
Joining Bostik, an Arkema company, means being part of a Group ; not only does the Group boasts a steady growth, but it has also set an example over the last 10 years, living up to high expectations for both the company and the employees. At equal levels of competences, all our positions are open to disabled people.