Regional Marketing Manager - Anchor Food Professionals (AFP)
- Proven marketing and brand management experience in the Food or Ingredients industry
- Strong strategic and functional marketing capabilities
- Excellent project management, relationship building and communication skills
- Location: Within SEA region
To leverage and build the desired positioning for the Anchor Food Professionals brand for the Regional Foodservice customer audience through content and executions based on global brand guidelines. This will be across all elements of the marketing and communication mix.
You will be responsible for developing a clear strategic plan that builds awareness, positive perception and meaning of the Anchor FP brand with internal and external stakeholders. You will support on identifying and managing emerging key issues & opportunities that potentially may impact the brand, category and Fonterra. The focus will be on both growing the brand today and ensuring proactive development of the future business.
- Deliver the global vision for the Anchor FP brand benefit and strategy with an aim to drive incremental value for all parts of the business and be relevant for all stakeholders.
- Together with the Regional FS team, Opcos and the Global team, develop the plan to operationalise the master brand strategy including key messages, channels and metrics.
- Project management of large-scale branding initiatives from business case development to post-implementation.
- Manage the ongoing engagement with external marketing, brand agencies including formal review of each relationship on a regular basis.
- Ensure adherence to core brand identity controls including the brand blueprint, brand architecture, logos and all visual elements. Ensure brand architecture that works across a range of dimensions – interfaces with corporate branding, branding of ingredients, branding of service offers, different geographies and different execution mediums.
- Engage with the Anchor Brand team and Corporate Brand team to ensure consistency with the Anchor consumer & corporate brand essence and to coordinate activity where appropriate.
- Develop strong networks internally to ensure the on-going success of the AFP identity.
- Work closely with the Foodservice team to develop and brand launch strategies and marketing communications plans that are aligned to the global AFP positioning and to ensure that customer offers, and value propositions are positioned in alignment with the AFP brand.
- Advise on the most appropriate channels to achieve desired business results and liaise with external partners as appropriate to implement these plans.
- Recommend campaign budgets and monitor performance against budget for each campaign.
- Oversee all elements of execution cycle for all new materials, tools and communication activities, including digital marketing.
- Manage the delivery of elements that are delivered by in-house resources. This may include copy writing, presentation creation, video production, art direction and event management.
- Manage the ongoing engagement with external marketing and communication agencies, ensuring that all work is consistent with the global AFP brand positioning, creating and monitoring service levels, addressing any relationship issues, and formally reviewing each relationship on a regular basis.
- Support the launch of NPDs developing and supporting the 6P with the regional & global FS teams including regulatory and artwork requirements.
- Ensure activities are in line with approved spend and delegated authorities
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in marketing or communications with minimum 8 to 10 of marketing and brand management experience, preferably in the Food or Ingredients industry.
- Extensive experience of developing and delivering successful marketing and communication strategies.
- Strategic and functional marketing skills with the expertise in developing marketing strategy, market research and defining value propositions.
- Customer focused and able to identify customer insights and translate them into business requirements.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to set clear goals and measures for success and track performance accordingly.
- Strong business and commercial acumen; understanding of Fonterra’s strategy as well as the customer and marketing environment
- Relationship building and communication skills; ability to build internal and external relationships that recognise the interdependence of functional areas.