Location: Austin, United States of AmericaThales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
As a Cloud Security Engineer for the Cloud Center of Excellence team located in Austin Texas, you will be carrying out pro-active operations activities across a global organization to ensure internal customers receive world class support and you will maintain and deploy security services on AWS Thales public cloud infrastructure.
- Supporting the company-defined AWS cloud strategy.
- Enjoying solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields
- Solving security issues by collecting, analyzing evidences and mitigating incidents.
- Providing general guidance on questions from internal customers to troubleshooting and reproducing complex issues
- Understanding of infrastructure monitoring, logging, alerting release and configuration management
- Identifying, raising and mitigating security weaknesses on Thales Cloud infrastructure.
- Ensuring day-to-day world class support to internal engineering and services teams.
- Making sure about continuous Thales AWS cloud improvements.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience working on AWS cloud infrastructure.
- At least 2 years of building reusable python script on AWS cloud infrastructure.
- At least 3 years of experience on Linux administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field.
Must have U.S. Citizenship in order to obtain the post-hire Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS)
Clearance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and must be able to obtain post-hire clearance from the Committee on Foreign Investments in the U.S. (CFIUS) and Department of Treasury
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3 years of network administration.
- Experience already with Datadog (Monitoring Solution).
This position requires direct or indirect access to hardware, software, technology or technical data controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) [AND] the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be eligible, or able to obtain authorization, for such access. Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.