The Burberry legal team operates at the heart of this vibrant, creative and forward-thinking FTSE-listed organisation. The well-respected and talented legal team advises on strategic projects and day-to -day matters and works across all areas of Burberry’s business, advising on a diverse range of legal subjects. This will be a challenging and exciting role for the right lawyer who can support our innovative business to deliver on its ambitions and be proactive, while managing and mitigating risk.
We are looking for an agile and technically excellent commercial lawyer to join the team for a 12 month contract. The role will involve provision of day to day legal support to the business in the EMEIA region on a wide variety of business projects, directly delivering commercial law advice and seeking advice in other jurisdictions, where appropriate. The work is likely to include negotiating, drafting and advising on commercial agreements in respect of digital/e-commerce, our supply chain, warehousing and logistics, procurement of non-stock goods and services, IT projects, distribution and marketing. There may also be opportunity to support on compliance projects, liaising with the business to ensure good governance.
- English law qualified lawyer with strong academic credentials and at least 2 years’ experience and excellent private practice training. Any time spent in an in-house legal environment would be advantageous.
- Proven track record in working autonomously, managing complex matters, prioritising competing demands and dealing directly with a wide variety of business stakeholders.
- In addition to advising on English law aspects of commercial matters, you can operate on an international basis, dealing with cross-border matters and liaising with external counsel in other jurisdictions.
- Skilled communicator and can deliver clear and pragmatic advice.
- Ready to invest in building strong relationships with key stakeholders and to become a key part of Burberry Legal.
- Interest in retail/luxury sector would be beneficial.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || CORPORATE AFFAIRS || CORPORATE - LEGAL || n/a ||