Coloplast has an exciting opportunity for a Territory Manager to join our growing team!
The Interventional Urology Territory manager is responsible for achieving territory sales objectives through selling activities which include cultivating business partnerships with key decision makers, clinical consultations, driving market share and sales growth. The Territory Manager will target Endourology customers by selling and servicing Coloplast’s implantable and single use surgical devices.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Effectively engage all targeted accounts as well as develop and execute a clear and strategic plan to achieve overall territory sales objectives.
- Role model for developing and implementing business strategies to maximize territory and company objectives, including analyzing key sales and marketing data to determine the best opportunities in the territory.
- For all targeted accounts, understands customer’s environment, including who the clinical, financial, and key decision makers are, their key issues/concerns, including challenges and opportunities for Coloplast.
- Ensures timely advancement of the sales process with all targeted accounts achieving/exceeding the business and marketing target set for each product line focus.
- Demonstrates a proficient understanding of Financial Business Models and conducts cost/benefit analysis.
- Conforms with Coloplast Code of Conduct and all local Compliance Standards ().
- Conforms with Coloplast A/EHS Policy ()
- Proficient at demonstrating consultative selling skills to uncover customer strategy and presents value proposition including financial and clinical impact.
- Plans daily call routine and account penetration to ensure appropriate coverage of key accounts given sales time allocation, sales potential, geographical location, development of sales process, etc.
- Utilize all available tools to maximize sales growth including, but not limited to, marketing directives & tools, sales reports, education materials as well as National contracts (GPO, IDN, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of competitive activity and sales volume in each targeted account.
- Takes a strategic approach to influence others and develop relationships to help teach peers across product categories to maximize customer engagement.
- Retain and grow business within current customer base by identifying opportunities and help formulate sales strategies.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships that lead to increasing use of products within target accounts.
- Develop and maintain productive cross-functional relationships to share knowledge and leverage synergies within the organization.
Clinical Knowledge and Self Development
- Proficient in understanding of clinical and technical product knowledge.
- Leverages clinical knowledge to help educate peers on product categories.
- Strong understanding of competitive activity and products as well as knowing current market trends and industry information.
- Attends and actively participates in industry related training/meetings/events for business development opportunities.
Healthcare Facility/Operating Room Interactions
- Interacts frequently with Health Care Professionals including surgeons, nurses, doctors, technicians, procurement, inventory control, administrative staff and related personnel.
- Present during procedures and surgeries as requested/required to assist healthcare professionals with Coloplast product related questions - interaction includes following operating room protocols, but does not include crossing the sterile field or patient interactions.
- Conforms with all Healthcare Facility/Operating Room compliance standards.
- Organize and manage information utilizing CRM or related tool as directed.
- Maintains current records and administrative duties, including sales reporting, forecasting, inventory and expense management.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred with 3+ years of med tech sales experience, OR 2 year associates degree with 5+ years of med tech sales experience, OR 7+ years of med tech sales experience
- Minimum 5 years successful medical sales experience selling to physicians
- Urology background and implantable device sales preferred
- Proficient in relationship and consultative selling skills
- Proficient in interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient in negotiating, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and follow through
- Exceptional listening skills
- Ability to work independently, high initiative, and results orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel overnight (30-50%)
- Demonstrates effective time and territory management skills and administrative capabilities
- Personifies Coloplast Mission, Values, and Vision as well as Coloplast Leadership Principles.
Pursuing an ambitious growth agenda, Coloplast develops and markets products and services that make life easier for people with intimate healthcare needs. Employing about 12,000 people and with products available in more than 143 countries, we are one of the world´s leading medical device companies. We are constantly growing our business and always looking for new ways to move forward – we explore, learn and look for new ways of doing things.